Intergovernmental Relations team recaps 2015 legislative session
The Intergovernmental Relations Department has posted its summary of items from the 2015 legislative session that were priorities for the City or that would impact the City. It notes whether the legislation did or did not pass into law.
The Intergovernmental Relations Department staff members serve as liaisons for the City to other government entities. They also:
- Analyze and research legislative proposals.
- Propose policy alternatives.
- Work on amendments to existing law.
- Keep Minneapolis elected officials and department heads informed of legislative activity.
- Summarize legislative enactments affecting the City.
- Identify future issues on which the City should take a position.
Published Jul 28, 2015