Plan ahead for timesheet changes, training and more
The City’s HRIS human resources software system and COMPASS financial software system are getting upgraded and combined into one platform called COMET (City of Minneapolis Enterprise Technology).
Changing over to COMET will cause temporary changes in timesheet deadlines. It will also require a hold on new contracts and purchases, including requisitions, at the City while the system turns over and other important considerations. Please plan ahead for these key dates:
- Friday, Aug. 14: Verify and update your personal information in HRIS.
- Friday, Aug. 21: Submit your timesheet for the pay period Aug. 9-22.
- Monday, Aug. 24: Deadline for employees to submit and managers to approve timesheets in HRIS by 5 p.m. for the pay period Aug. 9-22.
- Thursday, Aug. 27: HRIS and COMPASS systems shut down at 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 27-Monday, Aug. 31: Hold on new contracts and purchases, including requisitions, while the system turns over.
- Tuesday, Sept. 1: COMET goes live. Update any browser bookmarks you set and verify your personal information in COMET.
- Wednesday, Sept. 2-Friday, Sept. 4: Enter your time in COMET for the pay period Aug. 23-Sept. 5. (Enter time by Friday, Sept. 4 due to the Labor Day holiday.)
- Friday, Sept. 4: Review your paycheck in COMET.
COMET is currently on track for its Sept. 1 launch, but please watch CityTalk and Minneapolis Matters for any updates to the schedule.
You’ll need to learn how to fill out timesheets in COMET, view your paycheck in the system and more. Online training will be available soon.
Published Aug 12, 2015