Plan ahead for timesheet changes
The City’s HRIS human resources software system and COMPASS financial software system are getting upgraded and combined into one platform called COMET (City of Minneapolis Enterprise Technology).
Changing over to COMET will cause temporary changes in timesheet deadlines. It will also require a hold on new contracts and purchases, including requisitions, at the City during the system upgrade. Please plan ahead for these key dates:
- Now-Tuesday, Sept. 1: Hold on entering timesheets for the pay period Aug. 23-Sept. 5 and any future pay periods. Do not enter any timesheets in advance before COMET goes live Sept. 1.
- Thursday, Aug. 27: HRIS and COMPASS systems shut down at 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 27-Monday, Aug. 31: Hold on new contracts and purchases, including requisitions, during the system upgrade.
- Tuesday, Sept. 1: COMET goes live. Update any browser bookmarks you set with the URL released today and verify your personal information in COMET.
- Wednesday, Sept. 2-Friday, Sept. 4: Enter your time in COMET for the pay period Aug. 23-Sept. 5. (Enter time by Friday, Sept. 4 due to the Labor Day holiday.)
- Friday, Sept. 4: Review your paycheck in COMET.
The timesheet schedule will then return to normal.
Although COMET is user friendly, you may need help filling out timesheets in the system, viewing your paycheck in the system and more. Online training for that will be available soon. Financial system training is available now in the finance training center at citytalk/erp.
Published Aug 25, 2015