Learn about your retirement benefits at upcoming seminar
Enrollment is now open for a free, City-sponsored two-day seminar about employee retirement benefits. The seminar is geared toward employees within three to five years of retiring.
The seminar will take place 8:15 a.m.–noon, Wednesday, Sept. 23 and Thursday, Sept. 24 in Conference Room 101 at the City of Lakes Building, 309 Second Ave. S.
Seminar attendees will learn more about:
- Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) benefits.
- Social Security.
- City of Minneapolis retirement benefits.
- State of Minnesota Deferred Compensation Plan.
- Financial planning.
The financial planning portion of the program will include information on:
- Cash flow and budgeting.
- The importance of saving for retirement and ways to do so.
- Investment basics.
- Important documents, such as durable power of attorney and health care directives.
Kusske Financial will present the financial planning session. The City does not sponsor or promote Kusske Financial services; attendance is optional.
How to enroll
- Log into COMET.
- Click “Learning and Development” (left side of screen).
- Click “Search Catalog” and type “retirement.”
- Click “Retirement Seminar” and then “View Details” to check for available seats.
- Click “Submit Enrollment.”
Spouses and partners are welcome to attend the retirement seminar with employees. Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a seat for your spouse or partner.
Published Aug 25, 2015