Final Creative City Market celebrates art of making in Minneapolis
The last of three summertime Creative City Markets takes place 4-9 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 10, on the Minneapolis Convention Center Plaza with several live performances and a film. The Creative City Market celebrates the art of making in Minneapolis by inviting the public to participate in an evening under the setting sun surrounded by Minnesota-made food, beer, art, wares and entertainment.
The final Creative City Market will offer a variety of vendors selling locally made merchandise curated by The Musicant Group; food, such as brats and roasted corn on the cob; and Minnesota craft beer from the convention center’s Craft Bar and Lounge. The event will also feature mini_polis, the 2015 winner of the Creative City Challenge, which will be taken down after Oct. 15.
- 4-9 p.m.: Fermenting workshop with Jess Hirsch and Ginny Sims.
Learn how to preserve food safely by fermenting it, and participate in a discussion on self-sufficiency.
- 4-5 p.m.: Rhythm of the Saints.
Youth percussion and dance group led by Marc Anderson.
- 5-5:30 p.m.: Ifrah Mansour, “Somalia's Balloon.”
A play that tells the colonial history of Somalia using balloons.
- 5:30-6 p.m.: Ross Hackenmiller.
Solo acoustic music.
- 6-7 p.m.: Performance to be determined.
- 7-8 p.m.: PaviElle.
- 8-9 p.m.: Minnesota-made movie “Medicine of the Wolf” presented by the Film Society of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Filmmaker Julia Huffman travels to Minnesota and into wolf country to take viewers on a journey to understand the powerful relationship we have with the wolf.
Published Sep 8, 2015