Prevent distracted driving
Distracted driving is a leading factor in crashes in Minnesota, contributing to one in four accidents.
On average, 850 City vehicles are on the road every day. These tips can help you reduce distractions that can take your attention off the road when you’re on the job:
- Silence your phone or put it out of reach.
- Organize the things you need in your car and avoid multitasking.
- Let your passenger program the navigation system, find a radio station or send your supervisor an update.
- Save any stressful or serious discussions for later.
- Use voice commands and Bluetooth sparingly.
- If you need to use your smartphone’s GPS, disable the non-GPS functions, disable texting or send automated texts while you’re driving.
Published Sep 22, 2015