Kathy Wagner, senior facilities planner
Property Services, Finance and Property Services
Director of Facilities Design and Construction Robert Friddle nominated Kathy for saving the City money, earning positive customer feedback and juggling numerous projects:
- “Kathy saved the City $230,000 by identifying and acquiring slightly used office furniture from her former employer for the new IT insourcing staff, saving roughly one-third of the anticipated project cost. This also helped the Property Services Division meet a very aggressive schedule and accommodate a shifting program.
- “Kathy created and implemented a very successful training program for two new hires under her supervision.
- “Customer feedback from the departments Kathy has worked with has been very positive, citing her as a good listener, thoughtful, sensitive, organized and thorough and also complimenting her communication, documentation and collaborative project-delivery skills.
- “Kathy has been very involved in developing and implementing office workplace standards across the enterprise and has contributed significantly to collaborate with and manage the Facilities Space and Asset Management Committee’s current downtown office consolidation real estate strategy consultants.
- “Kathy juggles numerous concurrent projects, meets her deadlines, delegates effectively, mentors her staff, leads by example, effectively and creatively solves problems, promotes a win-win environment, generates and implements new ideas, and is open to learning new concepts. She motivates and brings out the best in others and handles difficult clients and challenges with great sensitivity.”
Published Oct 20, 2015