New Co-STAR Award recognizes outstanding City teams
The STAR Awards employee recognition program has a new award category to show Special Thanks And Recognition to outstanding City teams. Show appreciation for the hard work and dedication of an outstanding City team by nominating it for the new Co-STAR Award by Friday, Jan. 22.
Co-STAR Award winners will include teams that did one or more of the following:
- Completed a significant task or made an idea “real.”
- Worked collectively to create significant solutions, process improvements or cost savings that could not have been realized by a person working alone.
- Accomplished a City goal or department goal.
- Accomplished something that benefits the entire City (internal focus).
- Accomplished something that benefits Minneapolis residents, workers, businesses or visitors (external focus).
- Found innovative solutions across departments.
Winners of the Co-STAR Award will receive special certificates and recognition coins from their departments. They are also eligible for an annual Super STAR award, which includes a crystal trophy and recognition at a Citywide event.
Learn more about the STAR Awards
The STAR Awards program is a response to employee surveys showing that employees want formal recognition. It recognizes City employees for their hard work and dedication to making City government run well and connect to the community it serves.
You can also nominate a colleague or supervisor for the other categories of recognition:
- Shining STAR: Awarded to employees for their positive influence in the workplace.
- City STAR: Awarded to employees who made a significant impact on the City the previous year.
- North STAR: Awarded to outstanding leaders.
Published Nov 3, 2015