Supervisors: Learn more about paid parental leave in upcoming trainings
Supervisors can learn more about their roles and responsibilities managing paid parental leave for their employees at a training from 10 to 11 a.m., Tuesday, Nov. 24 in Room 101 at the City of Lakes building.
The City’s new paid parental leave policy provides up to three weeks of paid leave to employees following the birth or adoption of a child. At the trainings, supervisors will learn about:
- The new policy and procedures.
- The differences between paid parental leave, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and pregnancy and parenting leave.
- The tools and resources available to supervisors to manage employee leaves.
Supervisors may sign up for the training in COMET:
- Log in to COMET.
- Click “Learning and Development.”
- Under “Search for Learning,” enter “paid.”
Published Nov 17, 2015