They’re here! New IT Service Desk opens
Need the IT Department? This new shortcut on your desktop goes straight to the IT Service Desk page. It’s one of a few ways to get technology help from our in-house experts. You can also:
- Dial 2525 if you’re at your desk. The full number is 612-673-2525.
- Visit citytalk/ITservicedesk to chat online with a service desk agent or submit Web forms to report problems or get services. Look for a convenient shortcut to the site on your desktop or on CityTalk.
- Email [email protected].
Questions about the transition?
- Watch the training videos at the top of the IT Service Desk page.
- Stop by the IT services fair between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 9, in the City Hall Rotunda for information booths and giveaways including mousepads.
- Contact your department's IT liaison.
The IT Service Desk team’s mission is to quickly and easily resolve your technology issues to get you back to work. In the coming months, expect to see faster delivery times from the IT Service Desk and more options and flexibility for choosing computer and software products.
Help spread the word
Please help us spread the word about the new IT Service Desk among employees in your department. A new IT Service Desk communication toolkit will make it easier for you to communicate within your department. It includes:
- Talking points.
- A script to read during roll calls.
- A PowerPoint presentation to use in staff meetings.
- An email template.
- A poster.
Published Dec 1, 2015