Learn temporary solution for broken links, search results on CityTalk
The recent updates to CityTalk’s content management system affected the intranet’s search function and some hyperlinks. Search results and hyperlinks that begin with “http://citytalk” all take users to the CityTalk home page.
The Information Technology Department is working on this issue and has a temporary solution:
- Right click on the hyperlink you want to access and select “Copy shortcut.”
- Open a new window and paste the copied address into your address bar.
- Delete “citytalk” from that address and replace it with “wcms/intranet” (i.e., “http://citytalk/publicworks/index.htm” becomes “http://wcms/intranet/publicworks/index.htm”).
If the hyperlink you are trying to access ends in “.doc” it is a document and has a different temporary solution:
- Delete “citytalk” from the address and replace it with “wcms” (i.e., “http://citytalk/wcm1/groups/public/@clerk/documents/webcontent/wcms1p-106198.doc” becomes “http://wcms/wcm1/groups/public/@clerk/documents/webcontent/wcms1p-106198.doc”).
Watch this video for more help.
If you come across links that don’t begin with “http://citytalk” and don’t work, please contact the IT Service Desk at [email protected], citytalk/ITservicedesk or 612-673-2525. Tell the service desk agent the:
- URL of the page.
- Text the broken link comes from and the file or URL it should link to.
Published Jan 25, 2016