A note from the City Coordinator
Dear City employees,
The New Year offers us a great opportunity to reflect on our accomplishments and plan for more successes. With many of you wrapping up your annual employee reviews with your supervisors and setting your work expectations for 2016, I wanted to take a moment to share some highlights from last year and talk about where we’re headed.
We accomplished a lot to be proud of in 2015:
- We made it easier to access and understand City services and do business in Minneapolis.
- We made strides toward more equitable access with more information in different languages.
- We provided a safer and healthier community.
- We began creating new, inviting, innovative and world-class public spaces using high-quality urban design.
- We continued to change the face of our workforce to better reflect the community we serve.
Looking ahead to 2016, we will continue striving toward our vision for the city:
Minneapolis is a growing and vibrant world-class city with a flourishing economy and a pristine environment, where all people are safe, healthy and have equitable opportunities for success and happiness.
We work better together as one team, and we’ll continue to work together on big projects such as Nicollet Mall and the Downtown East Commons, earned sick time and paid time off for Minneapolis workers, and more. We’ll continue to serve the public well by driving toward results, building public trust, engaging the community and providing high-quality, innovative services.
Thank you for your public service and the work you do each day for Minneapolis residents, workers and visitors.
Published Jan 27, 2016