Learn to publish content on CityTalk, City’s public website
Learn the basics of managing content on CityTalk and the City’s public website at a daylong training session offered in March. Attendees will learn about the content management system used for the sites and how to:
- Edit Web pages.
- Add and remove content.
- Work with links.
You need a Site Studio user ID and password before attending the class. Contact the IT Service Desk if you need credentials or have forgotten your credentials; please provide your name, department, email address and your City user ID with your request.
If you currently manage content on the sites, you do not need to take the class again unless you need a refresher.
Training will be held 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Room 13B in the basement of the Public Service Center:
- Thursday, March 3.
- Tuesday, March 15.
- Wednesday, March 30.
Since there are only 12 seats available each day in the computer lab, enroll as soon as possible to get the class date that works best for you. Seats will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to enroll
- Go to the COMET website.
- Enter your user ID and password and click “HR.”
- Click “Learning and Development.”
- Type “Site Studio” in the “Search for Learning” text box then hit “Enter.”
- Click “Enroll” next to the class you want to attend.
- Review the class information, and click “Submit Enrollment.”
Learn more about publishing to CityTalk, the public website
- Visit the Web publishing page on CityTalk.
- Watch an introductory video on adding or editing content. (Turn on your sound, and click “Start.”)
- Contact the IT Service Desk for help with any specific questions.
Published Feb 23, 2016