Jim Glenn, engineering technician
Transportation, Maintenance and Repair, Public Works Department
Principal professional engineer and paving construction manager Larry Matsumoto nominated Glenn for taking on added work and serving as a mentor during a time of transition.
“The working section that Jim is assigned has had a complete turnover of staff, leaving Jim as the remaining inspector with experience. During the 2015 construction season, Jim performed his individual job assignments and took on added workload to help out during a training period for new staff. Jim provided individual guidance, mentoring and training for his coworkers as they learned their new job and all of its requirements. And during this period, Jim stepped up and performed his duties and the duties of his former coworkers since they were no longer in the group.
“During this period Jim:
- Led by example through hard work.
- Shared his knowledge and helped others.
- Improved unit morale by going above and beyond his defined job expectations.
- Motivated others and brought out the best in his coworkers.
- Promoted a positive workplace in his unit.
- Served as an anchor for his group through steadfast dedication to the job.
- Worked diligently for the desired outcomes of the group and department.”
Published Feb 23, 2016