Get your biometric screening at Currie Maintenance Facility April 14 to earn up to 200 points
Get 100 points in the employee wellness program by having a biometric screening that checks your body mass index, blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure at Currie Maintenance Facility Thursday, April 14. This year, you can also get 25 bonus points for each test result within the recommended range (up to 100 additional points).
Currie worksite screenings
The Currie Maintenance Facility’s afternoon onsite biometric screening event has several time slots available between 1:15 and 4:45 p.m. To register for one of the available times, you need to contact Jennifer Smith at 612-673-5737 or [email protected]. No registrations will be done through the Medica website for this event; Jennifer Smith is managing all registrations.
You’ll need to bring your health insurance card to the screening.
Other worksite screening options
More biometric screening dates and locations are available. Log in to www.mymedica.com for the most up-to-date schedule. To see the schedule:
- Click “Health &Wellness.”
- In the upper right corner, click your name and in the drop-down menu that appears, select “Health Screenings.”
- Click “On-Site Screening” then “Make an Appointment.”
For questions about other screenings, call Benefits at 612-673-3333.
About the screening
At the biometric screening, you’ll learn about your health status by checking your:
- Body mass index.
- Sugar in your blood (glucose).
- Fat in your blood (triglycerides).
- Cholesterol (total cholesterol, HDL and LDL).
- Blood pressure.
You’ll earn 25 more points for each test result you get back within these recommended ranges:
- A fasting blood glucose less than or equal to 99 mg/dL or a non-fasting blood glucose less than or equal to 139 mg/dL.
- Non-HDL cholesterol less than 100 mg/dL.
- Blood pressure less than 120/80 mm Hg.
- Body mass index less than 25 or less than 30 if all three of the other measures (blood pressure, non-HDL cholesterol and blood glucose) are within recommended ranges.
The screening requires measurement of your height and weight and a small blood sample from a finger prick. For the most accurate test results, do not eat for at least nine hours before your appointment. You should drink a lot of water before your appointment and take all medications as directed by your physician. You may have black coffee (no cream, milk or sweetener).
About earning points for the wellness program
When you earn 300 points in the employee wellness program by Aug. 31, 2016, you’ll qualify for a discounted wellness rate on your 2017 health insurance premiums. (In 2016, savings on the insurance premiums are about $400 a year for a single person and $1,200 a year for a family.) You’ll also receive a $20 gift card for each 100 points you earn in the program (up to $100).
- 100 points: $20 gift card.
- 200 points: $20 gift card.
- 300 points: Discount on 2017 health insurance premiums and $20 gift card.
- 400 points: $20 gift card.
- 500 points: $20 gift card.
Read more about the 2016 health and wellness program. See a handout with all of the different ways to earn points in the program. Visit the Benefits website for more about wellness services. You can also contact Benefits with questions at 612-673-3333.
Published Mar 22, 2016