City gears up for Minneapolis Bike Week
Get ready to ride for Minneapolis Bike Week May 16-22. The fun includes group rides, classes, bike commuter pit stops, free breakfasts, educational events and much more in celebration of biking in Minneapolis.
Every day of Minneapolis Bike Week has a theme with events and activities to engage and inspire seasoned cyclists and brand new bike riders alike:
- Monday, May 16: Fix it Day.
- Tuesday, May 17: Go by Bike Day.
- Wednesday, May 18: Nice Ride Day (City employees save on Nice Ride memberships).
- Thursday, May 19: Women's Day.
- Friday, May 20: Bike to Work Day.
- Saturday, May 21: Bike to Small Businesses Day.
- Sunday, May 22: Family Parks Day.
Bike buddy program
New this year to Minneapolis Bike Week, experienced bicycle commuters are asked to invite a friend, neighbor or coworker who has expressed an interest in a bike ride during bike week. The novice bikers will get a goodie package welcoming them to biking from Kim Bartmann restaurants. Role models will be entered to win prizes.
Minneapolis Bike Week is a partnership between the City of Minneapolis and the Minneapolis Bicycle Coalition in coordination with local businesses, nonprofits, community groups and government organizations.
Visit mplsbikeweek.org to learn more.
Published May 3, 2016