Earn up to 200 points for a biometric screening; only six worksite events remain
Get 100 points in the employee wellness program and learn about your health status by having a biometric screening that checks your body mass index, blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure. You can go to a worksite screening event, have your doctor order the tests or use another approved provider. This year, you can also get 25 bonus points (up to 100 points) for each test result within the recommended range.
Register now for one of these free biometric screenings at work:
- 8 a.m.-noon, Friday, June 17, City Hall, 350 S. Fifth St.
- 8 a.m.-noon, Tuesday, June 21, 5th Precinct, 3101 Nicollet Ave. S.
- 8 a.m.-noon, Tuesday, June 28, City Hall, 350 S. Fifth St.
- 8 a.m.-noon, Friday, July 8, City Hall, 350 S. Fifth St.
- 5-9 p.m., Wednesday, July 20, 4th Precinct, 1925 Plymouth Ave. N.
- 8 a.m.-noon, Tuesday, July 26, City Hall, 350 S. Fifth St.
You’ll need to bring your health insurance card to the screening.
How to sign up for a worksite screening
If you have never logged on to mymedica.com before or your Medica ID card shows a new group number in 2016:
- Visit mymedica.com.
- Click the “Register Now” button.
- Complete the registration using your Medica ID card.
Other biometric screening providers
There are many screening options; you may prefer to have yours done at your doctor’s office or through another provider such as Target. Find a participating location and print the applicable form at mymedica.com.
About the screening
The biometric screening measures your:
- Body mass index.
- Sugar in your blood (glucose).
- Fat in your blood (triglycerides).
- Cholesterol (total cholesterol, HDL and LDL).
- Blood pressure.
You’ll earn 25 more points for each test result you get back within these recommended ranges:
- A fasting blood glucose less than or equal to 99 mg/dL or a non-fasting blood glucose less than or equal to 139 mg/dL.
- Non-HDL cholesterol that is less than 100 mg/dL.
- Blood pressure less than 120/80 mmHg.
- Body mass index less than 25 or less than 30 if all three of your other measures (blood pressure, non-HDL cholesterol and blood glucose) are within the recommended ranges.
The screening requires measurement of your height and weight and a small blood sample obtained by a simple finger prick. For the most accurate test results, do not eat for at least nine hours before your appointment. You should drink a lot of water before your appointment and take all medications as directed by your physician. You may have black coffee with no cream, milk or sweetener.
About earning points for the wellness program
Approximately 15 days after the worksite screening event, you will receive up to 200 points in the employee wellness program for the screening and any bonus points, and your screening results will be uploaded into Compass, the online health assessment.
When you earn 300 points in the employee wellness program by Aug. 31, 2016, you’ll qualify for a discounted wellness rate on your 2017 health insurance premiums. (In 2016, savings on the insurance premiums are about $400 a year for a single person and $1,200 a year for a family.) You’ll also receive a $20 gift card for each 100 points you earn in the program (up to $100).
- 100 points: $20 gift card.
- 200 points: $20 gift card.
- 300 points: Discount on 2017 health insurance premiums and $20 gift card.
- 400 points: $20 gift card.
- 500 points: $20 gift card.
- Read the frequently asked questions.
- Call Medica Customer Service at 952-945-8000.
- Call the City of Minneapolis Benefits Office at 612-673-3333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published May 31, 2016