Fitbits must be reconnected to mymedica.com to earn points in the employee wellness program
A recent Fitbit software update disconnected 300 Fitbits synced with the employee wellness program at www.mymedica.com. Employees with Fitbits connected to the Medica website need to reconnect those devices to continue automatically earning points in the employee wellness program.
To reconnect your device:
- Visit www.mymedica.com using Firefox as your web browser if you’re using a City computer or using any internet browser on a smartphone, tablet or personal computer.
- Log in.
- Click on the “Health and Wellness” tab.
- Click on your name in the upper right corner and select “Sync Options” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Add an Account” and select “Fitbit” from the options.
- Provide your Fitbit username and password.
Medica is working on a patch to correct this issue; meanwhile to keep earning your points, reconnect your device as soon as possible and manually add your activity for days missed when the device was disconnected.
In the future, Fitbit will notify Medica in advance of any software updates to ensure employees do not get disconnected again.
Tracking your steps
Sync an activity tracker such as a Fitbit, Garmin or Jawbone device at mymedica.com and you’ll earn a point in the employee wellness program each day your device records more than 3,000 steps. When you earn 300 points in the employee wellness program by Aug. 31, 2016, you’ll qualify for a discounted wellness rate on your 2017 health insurance premiums. (In 2016, savings on the insurance premiums are about $400 a year for a single person and $1,200 a year for a family.) You’ll also receive a $20 gift card for each 100 points you earn in the program (up to $100).
Published May 31, 2016