Voting location downtown changes from City Hall to 217 S. Third St.

Beginning this year, in-person absentee voting will no longer be at City Hall. The downtown polling location is moving to the Community Services Building, 217 S. Third St., with entry on Third Street. The new location will have better security and allow a more ordered process for voters.

Absentee voting for the Aug. 9 primary begins Friday, June 24. People can vote early (by absentee ballot) by mail or in person.

Register, learn and vote

Voting is as easy as 1, 2, 3 with the help of the voter page on the elections website at

  1. Make sure you’re registered to vote. You can check your registration status and register or update your registration using online tools on the website. You can also download a voter registration application in 10 different languages to print, fill out and submit to get registered.
  2. Learn what’s on the ballot this year. You can download a practice ballot online to see what offices and candidates you will be voting on before heading to the polls.
  3. Go vote. Whether you choose to vote early by absentee ballot in person or by mail, or you decide to go to your assigned polling place on Election Day, find the resources you need to cast your ballot. On the website you can find information about in-person absentee voting hours and locations, complete an application to receive an absentee ballot in the mail, or use the polling place finder to find your assigned polling place for Election Day.

Please share this information with folks in your personal and professional networks.

City employees needed to serve as election judges

City employees are encouraged to work part-time or full-time shifts as election judges. You must request time off with your supervisor by filling out the “Request for Time off Work to Serve as an Election Judge” form, which you can also find on CityTalk. Learn more.


Published Jun 14, 2016



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Minneapolis 14 Government TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo