Foundations of Equity certificate training sees high turnout; get the new time and location for July’s class
Approximately 50 City employees attended the Foundations of Equity certificate training in June, and 14 employees took the class online. Due to the high numbers of participation, the City Coordinator’s Office of Equity and Inclusion updated the time and location for July’s class to accommodate more employees. The class will be held from 2 to 3:30 p.m., Friday, July 8, in the Doty Board Room at the Minneapolis Central Library.
The new training series consists of five classes to foster workplace equity and inclusion. Get tools and strategies to help City workplaces value, respect and leverage diversity more. You can still take all five classes to earn the Foundations of Equity certificate.
Attend the class in person, or sign up to take it live online through Lync or Skype for Business. You’ll need headphones to hear the instructor if you take the class online; you’ll be able to interact with the instructor and other students online through chat.
If you have questions about the Foundations of Equity classes or certificate, email Joy Marsh Stephens. If you have any technical issues with the online class, contact the IT Service Desk at 612-673-2525 or ITServiceDesk@minneapolismn.gov.
Class topics and schedule
What are microinequities and how do they impact the workplace?
· 2-3:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 12, 2017
Can we really work together – generational differences at work.
· 10-11:30 a.m., Friday, Feb. 3, 2017
How will increasing diversity affect my job?
· 2-3:30 p.m., Friday, July 8, 2016
· 2-3:30 p.m., Tuesday, March 7, 2017
What is marginalization?
· 2-3:30 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2016
· 10-11:30 a.m., Friday, April 7, 2017
How does unconscious bias affect my workplace engagement and performance?
· 10-11:30 a.m., Friday, Oct. 7, 2016
· 2-3:30 p.m., Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Each class is 90 minutes. Commonsense Consulting@Work provides the training.
Register to attend
Sign up now to attend all five classes in COMET:
- Visit COMET.
- Click “Find Learning.”
- Click “Career Development and Personal Effectiveness.”
- Click “Equity and Inclusion.”
- Scroll through the list of offerings to find each class.
- Enroll to take each class either in person or live online.
Published Jun 28, 2016