Find everything you need to prepare for transition to ELMS
The City launched a new SharePoint site that provides all the information City employees need to prepare for the new Enterprise Land Management System, or ELMS. ELMS goes live Oct. 3. This new system brings together multiple technologies, making it easier to collaborate across the City, and replaces several outdated, unsupported, inefficient systems.
Find the new ELMS SharePoint site here. There’s also a direct link on the home page of CityTalk. Use the new site to:
Learn more about the system and how to prepare for the coming changes.
- View a project timeline.
- Read frequently asked questions.
- See the training schedules.
- Participate in a discussion board.
City employees have been working hard to get ELMS ready. Beginning in July, the efforts of more than 500 City staff will ramp up to participate in testing, training and preparing for the software change.
ELMS will integrate with multiple City systems to improve interdepartmental collaboration and data sharing including COMET, Enterprise Address System, Geographic Information Systems, Govern, Document Management and 311. The new technology will help:
- Speed up workflows by allowing users to access information simultaneously that currently appears in only one place to one user at a time.
- Circulate fewer paper copies and duplicate less data entry.
- Increase transparency across departments and workflows.
- Give inspectors mobile access to the system to manage inspections more efficiently.
- Automate workflows.
- Provide supervisors with more information to better manage their teams.
- Improve customer satisfaction with standardized, repeatable business processes and access to real-time information.
Learn how to use the ELMS site
SharePoint, which is part of Microsoft Office 365, is software for team collaboration. It offers a secure place to store, organize, share and access information from almost any device. All you need is a web browser.
You may need to enter your City of Minneapolis email address the first time you access the ELMS site. Read these tips to use the site’s discussion board.
The Information Technology Department will roll out more information and training on how to use SharePoint and its many other features later this year.
Published Jun 29, 2016