Sign out City tablecloths, standing vertical banner for events
To help you project a polished look at events, you can sign out tablecloths and a tall, retractable banner featuring the City logo. The Communications Department provides the items to help you build credibility with the community we serve and reflect the City’s identity. Employees are required to follow the City’s graphic standards according to a policy approved by the City Council to help build a solid City brand and strengthen the City’s image and recognition with the public and staff.
The tablecloths, one blue and one gray, are 96 inches (8 feet) wide by 28.5 inches long. The tablecloths easily fit 6-foot tables. The banner is 95.85 inches high and 31.5 inches wide and comes in a case with an easy-to-assemble built-in stand.
Reserve these items using your Outlook calendar:
- Open your Outlook calendar and click “New Meeting.”
- Click “To” and search for “City Tablecloth” or “City Banner” in the global address list.
- Add it to the meeting using the “Resources” button.
- Enter the start and end date and time you need to reserve the tablecloths or banner.
- Click “Scheduling Assistant” to ensure the materials are available at the date and times you need.
- Verify that the “Show As” marker is set to “Busy” in your request.
- In the notes section of your meeting request, write:
o When and where the material will be used.
o If reserving a tablecloth, indicate if you need the blue, gray or both tablecloths.
o The name and contact information of staff responsible for the pickup and return of the items.
o A budget funding string in event of any damage to the items (see 'Soiled and damaged returns').
- Click “Send.”
You will receive a confirmation of your reservation.
Pick up the items you reserved – and return them when finished – at the Communications Department, 301M (mezzanine level), City Hall.
Soiled and damaged returns
Tablecloths and banners should be returned promptly following a department event, and returned in the condition in which they were checked out, ready for use by other departments. If the tablecloths or banner need pressing, cleaning or repair upon return, the borrowing department will receive an invoice for dry cleaning or replacement costs (depending on the extent of the damage). Replacement cost for a tablecloth is $182 and for a retractable banner is $299 (subject to change).
Published Jul 27, 2016