Learn how you can still earn 300 points in the wellness program by Aug. 31
You can still earn points in the employee wellness program to save money on your 2017 employee health insurance premiums. You need to earn 300 points by Aug. 31 to get the discounted wellness rate next year.
Need a few more points?
It can take some time to earn points, so you should get started right away to get the discounted premium next year. If you’re short a few points:
- Take the Compass online health assessment. (100 points.)
- Attend a health and wellness class. See the list of classes still available, and sign up in COMET. You must self-report your attendance to earn points. (25 points per class up to a maximum of 50 points).
- Self-report if you had a flu shot this past flu season between Sept. 1, 2015, and May 31, 2016. (25 points.)
- Self-report if you are up-to-date on eligible preventive cancer screenings. (25 points per screening.)
- Take a Journey. Journeys offer interactive information designed to help you build healthy habits using easy, achievable steps. A Journey can take four-six weeks, so begin as soon as possible to earn points. You can participate in more than one Journey at a time. Read the instructions on Journeys if you are not familiar with them. (50 points per Journey.)
- Track your healthy activities. This online log allows you to keep track of daily habits that contribute to your good health. Each day you log activities that move the wellness meter to 300, you earn one point. You can retroactively log activities up to 30 days. (One point per day.)
- Submit the form for getting a biometric screening at your health care provider. Print the form, get a screening from your health care provider and mail your completed form by Monday, Aug. 15, to RedBrick Health, P.O. Box 2260, Minneapolis, MN 55402-0260. (100 points for taking the test, 25 bonus points up to 100 for each test result within the recommended range).
Close doesn’t count — check your point tally
Look up your point tally to ensure you’ve earned the required 300 points. To check your points:
- Log in to www.mymedica.com.
- Click the “Health and Wellness” tab.
- Click “Rewards” in the sidebar on the left.
- Learn more about the wellness program.
- Call Medica Customer Service at 952-945-8000.
- Email [email protected].
Published Aug 9, 2016