Sign up to receive special discount offers
City employees can now sign up to receive emails with special discount offers. Sign up for the emails here.
The discounts offer savings on goods and services for:
- Taking care of your car.
- Entertainment and recreation.
- Health and wellness.
The discounts are available thanks to the City’s membership in the Minnesota Employee Recreation and Services Council (MERSC). The council is a nonprofit professional association that helps organizations offer special programs and discounts to their employees.
The council offers some discounts exclusively through email. You’ll receive these offers when you subscribe to the email list. You can find other discounts at more than 200 organizations on the council’s website. Examples of the savings opportunities on the website include:
- Discounts at hotels and resorts along the North Shore and in Minneapolis, Duluth and Rochester.
- Discounts on Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating meals.
- A coupon book for the Albertville Premium Outlet.
- Discounts on admission to the Children’s Theatre, Mill City Museum, Minnesota History Center and Science Museum.
- Discounts on cycling accessories at Erik’s Bike and Board Shop.
- Discounts on tickets for productions at the Brave New Workshop, Guthrie Theater, Chanhassen Dinner Theatres, Ordway Center for the Performing Arts and Park Square Theatre.
- Discounts on home services such as heating and air conditioning installation and carpet cleaning.
- Discounts on carpeting, windows and kids’ furniture.
- Discounts on professional assistance with moving, legal issues, and home buying and selling.
Published Aug 9, 2016