Attend the third annual Minneapolis Trans* Equity Summit Sept. 22
The third annual Minneapolis Trans* Equity Summit will take place Thursday, Sept. 22, and a Trans* Job Fair Sept. 23 will feature some of the Twin Cities’ top employers.
Trans* Equity Summit
1-5 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 22
Minneapolis Institute of Art, 2400 Third Ave. S.
The theme for this year's summit is employment, with sessions covering topics of interest to employers, employees and community members interested in learning about and furthering transgender equity. All are encouraged to attend.
Titles of planned breakout session topics include:
- Being a trans-inclusive employer.
- Coming out in the workplace as transgender — a practical guide for both employees and employers.
- Looking at work and other policies through a transgender lens.
- What are my rights at work?
- How to be an ally in the workplace.
- Preparing our transgender youths for employment.
The keynote speaker will be Crispin Torres, a community educator for Lambda Legal Midwest. Following the summit there will be a 6:30 p.m. performance by Tona Brown, an acclaimed transgender violinist and mezzo-soprano. Both events are free and open to the public, but registration for the evening event is required.
Trans* Job Fair
10 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday, Sept. 23
Intermedia Arts, 2822 Lyndale Ave. S.
Published Sep 7, 2016