Learn to publish content on City’s public website and CityTalk
Learn the basics of managing content on CityTalk and the City’s public website at a daylong training session Thursday, Oct. 20. Attendees will learn about the content management system used for the sites and how to:
- Edit webpages.
- Add and remove content.
- Work with links.
You need a Site Studio user ID and password before attending the class. Contact the IT Service Desk if you need credentials or have forgotten your credentials; please provide your name, department, email address and your City user ID with your request.
If you currently manage content on the sites, you do not need to take the class again unless you need a refresher.
Training will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Room 13B in the basement of the Public Service Center Thursday, Oct. 20. Since there are only 12 seats available in the computer lab, enroll as soon as possible to guarantee a spot. Seats will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to enroll
- Go to the COMET website.
- Enter your user ID and password and click “HR.”
- Click “Learning and Development.”
- Click “Find Learning.”
- Type “web content” in the “Search by keyword” text box then hit “Enter.”
- Click “Enroll” next to the class you want to attend.
- Review the class information, and click “Submit Enrollment.”
Learn more about publishing to CityTalk and the public website
- Visit the Web publishing page on CityTalk.
- Watch the introductory video on adding or editing content on the page. (Turn on your sound, and click “Start.”)
- Contact the IT Service Desk for help with any specific questions.
Published Oct 5, 2016