Save on tuition at Hamline University’s School of Business
City employees will soon save on tuition and fees at Hamline University’s School of Business.
The City offers this opportunity as a response to the 2014 My Minneapolis Employee Engagement Survey, which showed that City employees seek more promising futures in their careers here. The discounted tuition rates provide access to more affordable educational opportunities, which can lead to career advancement.
Thanks to this new educational partnership with Hamline, City employees will soon save $800 per year (up to a maximum of $1,600 total) on tuition for the Master of Public Administration and Doctorate of Public Administration programs. Application fees for the programs are waived.
City employees will also get 20 percent off registration fees and tuition for events or certificates in the Center for Public Administration and Leadership. Certificate offerings include:
- Building Resiliency and Sustainability in the Workplace: Understand how to explore and address varied and elaborate issues within your organization more holistically.
- Corrections Administration (online course): Learn how the corrections system touches every level of government by examining the field of corrections extensively, from incarceration to treatment to re-entry.
- Economic Development: Examine the economic development process from both government agency and private sector perspectives, and gain the critical knowledge and skills necessary for success.
- Leadership Communication Skills: Expand your skills in mediation, negotiation and strategic influencing.
- Public Safety Leadership: Tackle complex challenges to better meet the needs of your organization with topics ranging from leadership and management to best practices in public safety innovation.
- Advanced Human Resources for Public Works: Gain practical knowledge, tools and skills needed to manage effectively in the public works human resources environment.
- Public Works Leadership Academy: Increase your effectiveness and prepare to be an industry leader through this interactive program for current and emerging professionals at the supervisor or manager level.
Other educational partnerships
Published Nov 15, 2016