Learn City Hall’s updated security procedures
The Municipal Building Commission and its security and law enforcement partners are sponsoring voluntary training sessions that will teach you about updated security policies at City Hall. You’ll learn the updated building rules and procedures and new response plans for an active shooter or violent intruder.
Training sessions will be held:
- 4-5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 9, City Hall, Room 333 (reserved for employees who work evening shifts).
- Noon-1 p.m. Friday, Dec. 30, City Hall, Room 319.
- Noon-1 p.m. Friday, Jan. 20, City Hall, Room 241.
- Noon-1 p.m. Friday, Feb. 17, City Hall, Room 319.
- Noon-1 p.m. Friday, March 3, City Hall, Room 319.
- 4-5 p.m. Tuesday, April 25, City Hall, Room 319
Feel free to bring your lunch to one of the noon sessions. Attendance is limited to the first 30 registered. Register in COMET:
- Visit COMET.
- Click “Learning and Development.”
- Search the keywords “security training.”
- Click “Enroll” by the session you want to take.
Please read these documents before training:
Can’t make it to a training session?
As a City employee and tenant of City Hall, you may be asked to respond to some of the events outlined in the training sessions. If you can’t attend any of the training sessions, please review the above documents and familiarize yourself with the content. These documents are also available on the Municipal Building Commission website.
Published Dec 13, 2016