Learn solution for search results, broken links on CityTalk
CityTalk’s search function and some hyperlinks broke when the content management system was updated. Search results and hyperlinks that begin with “http://citytalk” all take users to the CityTalk home page.
The Information Technology Department created this workaround:
- Right click on the hyperlink you want to access and select “Copy shortcut.”
- Open a new window and paste the copied address into your address bar.
- Delete “citytalk” from that address and replace it with “wcms/intranet” (i.e., “http://citytalk/publicworks/index.htm” becomes “http://wcms/intranet/publicworks/index.htm”).
If the hyperlink you are trying to access ends in “.doc” or “.pdf” it is a document and has a different workaround:
- Delete “citytalk” from the address and replace it with “wcms” (i.e., “http://citytalk/wcm1/groups/public/@clerk/documents/webcontent/wcms1p-106198.doc” becomes “http://wcms/wcm1/groups/public/@clerk/documents/webcontent/wcms1p-106198.doc”).
Bookmark this article for easy future reference. Watch this video for more help.
If you come across links that don’t begin with “http://citytalk” and don’t work, please contact the IT Service Desk at ITServiceDesk@minneapolismn.gov, citytalk/ITservicedesk or 612-673-2525. Tell the service desk agent the:
- URL of the page.
- Text the broken link comes from and the file or URL it should link to.
Published Dec 13, 2016