City transitions from WageWorks to SelectAccount to manage FSA and HRA/VEBA; be mindful of key dates during changeover
The City has chosen a new administrator for employee flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health reimbursement arrangements (HRA/VEBA). Starting Jan. 1, your FSA and HRA/VEBA will be managed by SelectAccount instead of WageWorks.
Follow these steps to make this transition as easy as possible for you:
- Submit any outstanding claims and receipts to WageWorks by Dec. 15 and keep copies of your submissions until you verify payment on your online account.
- Fill any prescriptions and submit claims or receipts for their payment by Dec. 15.
- Keep copies of the claims and receipts you send to WageWorks. Before Dec. 23, check your online account with WageWorks to find out whether or not your claims were processed.
- Wait until the transition to SelectAccount if you receive a bill for an eligible expense after Dec. 15 or have paid out of pocket for an eligible expense and submit the claim to SelectAccount.
- Dec. 15: Last day to submit claims and receipts to WageWorks for reimbursement. Keep copies of your submissions until you verify their payment through WageWorks on your online account.
- Dec. 16-23: WageWorks will work to process claims and receipts submitted by Dec. 15. Any additional claims or receipts submitted during this period may not be processed. Unprocessed claims and receipts will not be forwarded to SelectAccount. Keep copies of your submissions so you can resubmit them to SelectAccount if WageWorks does not process them by Dec. 23.
- Dec. 23: Your WageWorks health care debit card and your online account will be deactivated. You will be responsible to determine which claims were not processed by WageWorks and to resubmit them to SelectAccount.
- Jan. 1: Your 2017 FSA money will be available through SelectAccount.
- Jan. 6: Your HRA/VEBA funds and any funds remaining in your 2016 FSA accounts will be available through SelectAccount.
Watch your mailbox for your new SelectAccount health care debit card. Review the transition schedule above to learn when your FSA and HRA/VEBA funds will be available on your new health care debit card through SelectAccount.
Published Dec 13, 2016