Sign up for a biometric screening to earn up to 200 points
Get 100 points in the employee wellness program by having a biometric screening that checks your body mass index, blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure. You can go to a worksite screening event, have your doctor order the tests or use another approved provider. You can also get 25 bonus points for each test result within the recommended range (up to 100 points).
Starting Jan. 16, you can register for a free onsite biometric screening at a City worksite. Find the schedule of screenings on or after Jan. 16 and sign up for a time slot at mymedica.com by:
- Entering your username and password then clicking on the “Health &Wellness” tab.
- Clicking on your name in the upper right corner and selecting “Health Screenings.”
- Clicking “On-Site Screening” then “Schedule an Appointment.”
If you have never logged on to mymedica.com before or your Medica ID card shows a new group number in 2017:
- Visit mymedica.com.
- Click the “Register Now” button at the bottom of the site login box.
- Complete the registration using your Medica ID card.
You’ll need to bring your health insurance card to the screening.
Approximately 15 days after the worksite screening event, you will receive your points in the employee wellness program for the screening and any bonus points, and your screening results will be uploaded into Compass, the online health assessment.
Other biometric screening providers
There are many options besides a worksite screening; you may prefer to have yours done at your doctor’s office or another provider such as Target. Find a participating location and print the applicable form at mymedica.com:
- Click on the “Health &Wellness” tab.
- Click on your name in the upper right corner and select “Health Screenings.”
- Choose the provider you want to use and print the applicable form.
- Follow instructions on the form to learn what you need to do for the screening and how to submit results.
About the screening
At the biometric screening, you’ll learn about your health status by checking your:
- Body mass index.
- Sugar in your blood (glucose).
- Fat in your blood (triglycerides).
- Cholesterol (total cholesterol, HDL and LDL).
- Blood pressure.
You’ll earn 25 more points for each test result you get back within these recommended ranges:
- A fasting blood glucose less than or equal to 99 mg/dL or a non-fasting blood glucose less than or equal to 139 mg/dL.
- Non-HDL cholesterol that is less than 100 mg/dL.
- Blood pressure less than 120/80 mm Hg.
- Body mass index less than 25 or less than 30 if favorable outcomes are achieved on all three of the other measures (blood pressure, non-HDL cholesterol and blood glucose).
The screening requires measurement of your height and weight and a small blood sample obtained by a simple finger prick. For the most accurate test results, do not eat for at least nine hours before your appointment. You should drink a lot of water before your appointment and take all medications as directed by your physician. You may have black coffee with no cream, milk or sweetener.
About earning points for the wellness program
When you earn 300 points in the employee wellness program by Aug. 31, 2017, you’ll qualify for a discounted wellness rate on your 2018 health insurance premiums. (In 2017, savings on the insurance premiums are about $400 a year for a single person and $1,200 a year for a family.) You’ll also receive a $20 gift card for each 100 points you earn in the program (up to $100).
- 100 points: $20 gift card.
- 200 points: $20 gift card.
- 300 points: Discount on 2017 health insurance premiums and $20 gift card.
- 400 points: $20 gift card.
- 500 points: $20 gift card.
Read more about the 2017 health and wellness program.
Published Jan 12, 2017