Get easy, fast help with your technology needs
It’s been one year since the Information Technology Department moved the IT Service Desk and Deskside Support back in-house. On the heels of the anniversary, here are some reminders of the easiest, fastest ways to get help with your technology issues.
Use the portal
Click the IT Service Desk icon on your desktop for the quickest way to order technology products and services. IT has added product- and service-specific forms to order what you need. These forms will automate the process and speed up your request. Find forms for:
- Employee onboarding or departures.
- Access to a folder, network drive, security group, applications, Outlook mailbox or calendar.
- Remote access (VPN).
- Software installation.
- Ordering a desktop computer, laptop or tablet, or computer or tablet accessories.
- Forwarding your desk phone and voicemail.
- Ordering mobile phones and portable wireless services.
You can also use the portal to look up answers to common technology-related questions, review technology issues going on at that moment in the City and check your history of requests.
The portal has single sign-on technology: Once you sign in to your City account, you will automatically be logged in to the portal and don’t need to sign in again. You can access the portal via any of these three web browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome.
Call or email the IT Service Desk
When you have a technology issue that requires immediate help to continue doing your job, call the IT Service Desk team at 612-673-2525 or email [email protected]. The team is available 24/7 to get you back to work faster.
By the numbers
In its first year of service, the IT Service Desk team managed thousands of requests to give City employees the technology help they needed:
- Calls to the IT Service Desk: 22,668.
- Incidents resolved by the IT Service Desk team: 19,320.
- Service request tasks completed by the IT Service Desk team: 28,432.
Published Jan 25, 2017