City to debut new workplace giving model this spring
The City Council recently voted to change our workplace giving model. The City will work with YourCause on a trial basis to offer you an online, one-stop-shop platform to give time or money to your favorite charity.
YourCause allows the City to:
- Absorb administrative fees so 100 percent of your donations go to charity.
- Offer many more charity options.
- Provide a platform to volunteer with your favorite charity.
- Hold seasonal campaigns or campaigns for special causes or disasters.
- Deliver a more modern, user-friendly interface.
- Pull better data and reports on giving.
The City will kick off the new online platform this summer with a campaign and Citywide event. Look for more details in a future Minneapolis Matters. Until then, please continue to donate to the federation charities of your choice as you have before through direct donations or payroll deductions in COMET.
Why the switch?
Participation and fundraising through the City’s former charitable giving model had declined over the past several years. Many employees wanted all of their dollars to go to the charities of their choice. They also frequently expressed frustration with the technology used in the old platform. This new workplace giving model aims to address these concerns as well as increase employee engagement and become a tool to help the City hire and retain staff.
Published Feb 23, 2017