Workshops help you understand how to hire vendors for purchases under $100,000
New workshops will help you better understand the City’s Target Market Program, which gives small businesses priority in competing for City contracts under $100,000. The program aims to diversify City suppliers, increase competition and stimulate the local economy by helping small businesses compete on a more level playing field for City work. It took effect Jan. 1.
The workshops will help you:
- Understand the process and requirements for the Target Market Program.
- See how the Target Market Program fits into the City’s larger procurement procedures.
- Navigate the online resources and tools available for your use.
- Comprehend the City’s payment process.
- Get answers to your questions.
Schedule of workshops
- 1-2 p.m., Thursday, March 2: Email procurement to enroll in this workshop.
- 10-11 a.m., Friday, March 3: Email procurement to enroll in this workshop.
- 10-11 a.m., Wednesday, March 8: Email procurement to enroll in this workshop
- 1-2 p.m., Wednesday, March 15: Email procurement to enroll in this workshop
- 1-2 p.m., Thursday, March 23: Email procurement to enroll in this workshop
- 10-11a.m., Tuesday, March 28: Email procurement to enroll in this workshop
The workshops will be held at the training center on the first floor of the Towle Building, 330 Second Ave. S.
Key points of the Target Market Program
- The Target Market Program is for ALL City purchases (goods, supplies, construction and professional services) under $100,000; it is not just for contracts.
- You must first contact Procurement for any City purchase over $2,500 and under $100,000 to determine Target Market Program eligibility; you should not contact vendors until you have checked in with Procurement. Payments will NOT be approved for purchases if this process is circumvented.
- To contact Procurement for Target Market Program eligibility, please use the following mailboxes:
o For professional services, email scopes to ProcurementScopes@minneapolismn.gov.
o For goods, supplies and construction, email bid specs to ProcurementBidSpecs@minneapolismn.gov.
- For purchases under $2,500, check the Target Market Program Marketplace for eligible vendors before sourcing from the open market.
Published Feb 23, 2017