Celebrate Women’s History Month with the 29% Club
In honor of Women’s History Month in March, the 29% Club has organized a number of events for City employees to join in the celebration:
- Policy Resource Group
Noon-1 p.m. Thursday, March 9
First floor conference room, Towle Building, 330 Second Ave. S.
- City Council resolution honoring Women’s History Month
9:30 a.m. Friday, March 10
City Council Chamber (Room 317), City Hall, 350 S. Fifth St.
- Speaker session: Women leaders at the City
Noon-1 p.m. Wednesday, March 22
Room 319, City Hall, 350 S. Fifth St.
4-7 p.m. Wednesday, March 22
Restaurant Max, 215 S. Fourth St.
Please share these events with your colleagues including this flier.
The 29% Club was created to help advance and empower women employees at the City. The 29% Club is one of two pilot groups in the City’s new employee resource group program.
Currently, 29 percent of City employees are women. This employee resource group was created in part to support the City’s goal of increasing women in the workforce to 45 percent by 2022.
The 29% Club values your voices and needs your help to be a success. You can engage with the group three different ways:
- Lean-in Circles meet to discuss both barriers and opportunities for women. These small groups – typically eight-12 members – meet monthly and cover a topic at each meeting such as advancement, work-life balance or mentorship. Lean-in Circles are currently meeting, and new members are welcome. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with a group.
- The Policy Resource Group has a vision to bring forth ideas that lift barriers for women at the City and serve as a resource when City decision-makers are implementing policies.
- Networking is one of the most common ways people are hired and promoted. The goal of this group is to create a space for employees to connect, share and encourage growth opportunities for women at the City.
If you have questions about the 29% Club, want to talk to someone about how to get involved or want to be added to the 29% Club email list, contact email@example.com.
Published Mar 7, 2017