Learn how to prevent repetitive-motion, lifting injuries at ergonomics training
Ergonomics training will show you how to prevent repetitive-motion and lifting injuries. You’ll learn the ergonomic factors that affect City employees’ daily work, how to apply ergonomic principles in your job and how to get help adjusting your work station. You’ll earn 25 points in the employee wellness program for self-reporting your attendance at the class.
Slow-onset injuries and work-related musculoskeletal disorders caused by repetitive motions and lifting can cost the City and its employees time, money and well-being. Ergonomics training is a simple, economical and effective way to reduce these injuries. If you haven’t taken ergonomics training in the last two years, sign up now to attend one of the monthly classes. Managers and supervisors: Please ask your employees to sign up for ergonomics training if it has been two years since their last class.
Trainings will be held from noon to 1 p.m. in the first floor conference room of the Towle Building, 330 Second Ave. S.:
- Tuesday, March 14.
- Tuesday, April 18.
- Tuesday, May 16.
- Tuesday, June 20.
- Tuesday, July 18.
- Tuesday, Aug. 15.
- Tuesday, Sept. 19.
- Tuesday, Oct. 17.
- Tuesday, Nov. 21.
- Tuesday, Dec. 19.
Register to attend
Sign up for ergonomics training in COMET:
- Log in to COMET.
- Click “Learning and Development.”
- Enter “Ergonomic” in the “Search for Learning” keyword box.
- Click “Enroll” next to the training date that works best for you.
Get your 25 points
To self-report that you attended ergonomics training for 25 points in the employee wellness program:
- Log in to www.mymedica.com.
- Click on the “Health and Wellness” tab.
- Click the “Rewards” tab on the left side of the page.
- Under “Complete Healthy Activities,” click “Attend a City of Minneapolis-sponsored wellness class.”
- Click the “Earn” button.
- Check the box for confirmation, and enter the date of your class.
- Click “I did it.”
Published Mar 8, 2017