Need to think outside the box? Visit the Innovation Center
City employees have access to a creative space designed for brainstorming and innovative thinking across departments. The Innovation Center on the first floor of the Crown Roller Mill building has meeting spaces available to use as collaborative co-working spaces.
The center provides a unique environment and technology to boost innovation across the enterprise by fostering information sharing, creativity, knowledge-sharing and enterprise alignment with the ultimate goal of developing comprehensive solutions to better run the City.
The center can accommodate multiple groups and individuals simultaneously. Users are encouraged to use the space for short-to mid-term projects.
- The Co-working Area is a creative space to work alone or collaborate with a colleague or small group without a reservation. The space is available first come, first served every day 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Noise and sharing are welcome and encouraged; it isn’t a quiet workspace.
- Six private Focus rooms provide space for independent work.
- The Creativity and Innovation rooms provide meeting space for up to six employees and include 60-inch flat-screen TVs with HDMI connectivity to hook up a laptop.
- The Collaboration room provides meeting space for up to 12 employees and includes a 60-inch flat-screen TV with HDMI connectivity to hook up a laptop.
How to reserve a room in the Innovation Center
Use Outlook to book a meeting room in the Innovation Center:
- See the floor plan to determine which room you want to use.
- Using the same process in Outlook as booking other City meeting rooms, invite it as a resource.
- Search “IC” to find the Innovation Center meeting rooms.
- Choose the room in scheduling assistant to check its availability, and click “send” to schedule the room.
You are responsible for reconfiguring the room to meet your needs. Please return the room to its original configuration when your event is complete, and leave the area as clean as possible.
Published Apr 5, 2017