Learn about your retirement benefits at upcoming seminar
Enrollment is now open for a free, City-sponsored two-day seminar about employee retirement benefits. The seminar is geared toward employees within three to five years of retiring; it’s only open to employees who have not yet attended a City retirement seminar.
The seminar will take place 12:45-4:30 p.m. Monday, May 1, and Tuesday, May 2, in Conference Room 101 at the City of Lakes Building, 309 Second Ave. S.
Seminar attendees will learn more about:
- Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) benefits.
- Social Security.
- City of Minneapolis retirement benefits.
- State of Minnesota Deferred Compensation Plan.
- Financial planning.
The financial planning portion of the program will include information on:
- Cash flow and budgeting.
- The importance of saving for retirement and ways to do so.
- Investment basics.
- Important documents, such as durable power of attorney and health care directives.
Kusske Financial will present the financial planning session. The City does not sponsor or promote Kusske Financial services. Attendance is optional.
How to enroll
- Log into COMET.
- Click “Learning and Development” (left side of screen).
- Click “Search Catalog” and type “retirement.”
- Click “Retirement Seminar” and then “View Details” to check for available seats.
- Click “Submit Enrollment.”
Spouses and partners are welcome to attend the retirement seminar with employees. Please notify [email protected] to reserve a seat for your spouse or partner.
Published Apr 5, 2017