Learn how to use the new system for submitting requests for council action
The City Clerk’s Office will launch a new system in June that will change how City employees prepare, review, approve and submit requests for committee action (RCA) and other agenda items for City Council and committee meetings. Learn how to use the legislative information management system (LIMS) in upcoming trainings.
Please take advantage of the training opportunities so you are prepared when the new system goes live in June. Each training session will include:
- A brief overview of the system, including timelines for training and the full-system launch.
- A demonstration of internal system dashboards and tools for RCA drafters and approvers.
- A simulation of creating an RCA and the associated internal workflows.
- A preview of the public-facing web portal and its navigational tools.
Department and committee-specific trainings have already taken place. General trainings will now be offered to all employees on a first-come, first-served basis.
- 10 a.m., Monday, April 17, Towle Building, first floor training room.
- 3 p.m., Monday, April 24, Towle Building, first floor training room.
- 1 p.m., Tuesday, May 2, City Hall, Room 319.
- 2 p.m., Thursday, May 4, Towle Building, first floor training room.
- 10 a.m., Monday, May 15, Towle Building, first floor training room.
- 11 a.m., Tuesday, May 16, City Hall, Room 319.
How to sign up for training
- Visit COMET.
- Click “Learning and Development.”
- Type “LIMS” in the “Search for Learning” keyword box.
- Click “Enroll” next to the class time and date you want.
- Click “Submit Enrollment.”
Published Apr 5, 2017