Program offers employee discounts at many local outlets
Searching for a good deal? You might find what you’re looking for through the Minnesota Employee Recreation and Services Council (MERSC). The nonprofit professional association helps organizations offer special programs and discounts to their employees. As members of MERSC, City employees are eligible for discounts offered at more than 200 organizations.
The opportunity includes discounts on:
- Select Minnesota hotels and resorts.
- Select sporting events and concerts.
- Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating meals.
- A coupon book for Nickelodeon Universe and Mall of America.
- Admission to the Minnesota Children’s Museum, Minnesota Zoo, Valleyfair and Seal Life Minnesota.
- Cycling accessories at Erik’s Bike Board Ski.
- Tickets for productions at the Brave New Workshop, Guthrie Theater, Chanhassen Dinner Theatres, Ordway Center for the Performing Arts and Park Square Theatre.
- Home services such as heating and air conditioning installation and carpet cleaning.
- Carpeting, windows and kids’ furniture.
- Professional assistance with moving, legal issues and taxes.
You can find a list of discounts for City employees at mersc.org.
Published May 31, 2017