Sign up now to learn SharePoint
Classes are now available to learn the basics of using SharePoint. Choose either of these dates from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- Thursday, July 13
- Thursday, Aug. 10
Use COMET to register:
- Log in to COMET-HR.
- Click “Learning and Development.”
- Enter a keyword from the name of the class in the search.
- Click “Enroll.”
Learn SharePoint basics
If you are new to SharePoint, this workshop is designed to provide you with the basic skills you’ll need to use the web-based, collaborative platform. The class will start with an introduction to SharePoint and go step by step through using it.
The training will cover these topics:
- What is SharePoint?
- The structure of a SharePoint site collection and key terms.
- What is metadata?
- How to create and configure apps.
- How to create, upload, edit and delete items in an app.
- How to create views.
- How to create columns.
- How to create content types.
- Access and permission.
- How to set up navigation.
- How to create pages.
At the end of this class, you’ll have the information needed to start using SharePoint.
Published Jun 27, 2017