Learn about your retirement benefits at upcoming seminar
Enrollment is now open for a free, City-sponsored two-day seminar about employee retirement benefits. The seminar is geared toward employees within three to five years of retiring; it’s only open to employees who have not yet attended a City retirement seminar.
The seminar will take place 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 2, and Friday, Oct. 6, in Conference Room 101 at the City of Lakes Building, 309 Second Ave. S. Enrollment for the two-day seminar is currently open.
Seminar attendees will learn more about:
- Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) benefits.
- Social Security.
- City of Minneapolis retirement benefits.
- State of Minnesota Deferred Compensation Plan.
- Financial planning.
- A balanced retirement life.
- City benefits after retirement – both under age 65 and over age 65.
The financial planning portion of the program will include information on:
- Cash flow and budgeting.
- The importance of saving for retirement and ways to do so.
- Investment basics.
- Important documents such as durable power of attorney.
- Health care directives.
How to enroll
- Log in to COMET.
- Click “Learning and Development” (left side of screen).
- Click “Search Catalog” and type “retirement.”
- Look for the Oct. 2 date.
- Click “Retirement Seminar” and then “View Details” to check for available seats.
- Click “Submit Enrollment.”
Spouses and partners are welcome to attend the retirement seminar with employees. Please notify [email protected] to reserve a seat for your spouse or partner.
Published Sep 5, 2017