Prepare for open enrollment
The open enrollment period for employer-sponsored benefits is quickly approaching. Starting Nov. 1, you will have the opportunity to elect a new or different health plan or flexible spending account for 2018. You only have a small window of time to make changes, so it pays to be prepared.
Here are three simple steps to prepare for open enrollment:
1. Verify or update your mailing address in COMET to ensure you receive information sent to your home about 2018 health insurance options:
- Log in to COMET.
- Under “Personal Information,” click “Personal Information Summary.”
- Review the information listed under “Home/Mailing Addresses.”
- If the information is incorrect, click “Change Home/Mailing Addresses.”
- Click on the pencil in the “Edit” column next to the address you need to update, and type in your current information.
2. Use the new HR Service Center for quick and easy access to human resources services. Use the convenient shortcut on your desktop or click here to:
- Find answers to frequently asked questions.
- Browse the knowledge library for helpful articles.
- Contact human resources by submitting a request.
- View your past and present inquiries.
If you would like to access the HR Service Center but are not using a City issued computer, please click here.
3. Mark key dates on your calendar:
- Nov. 1: Open enrollment begins.
- Nov. 15: Open enrollment ends.
- Jan. 1: New plans take effect.
Published Oct 3, 2017