"Adopt a vacant house" to promote safer neighborhoods

Vacant properties can pose safety challenges for everyone - from neighbors, to property owners, to police officers and firefighters. The City of Minneapolis is taking comprehensive measures to make all our neighborhoods safer, including those affected by foreclosed or vacant properties. And there are lots of things that everyone can do to make neighborhoods with vacant properties the safest they can be.  City leaders are encouraging neighbors and block clubs to work together by "adopting" a vacant property on the block. It’s important for neighbors to report any suspicious or illegal activity by calling 911.

Published Feb 22, 2008



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Minneapolis 14 Government TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo