Hiring a contractor for storm repairs? Get the info you need

As many people on the North Side begin repairs following the recent tornado, the City of Minneapolis has resources available to help homeowners get the information they need before hiring a contractor.

Anyone performing remodeling, repairs, roofing, and other similar work on residential dwellings must be licensed in Minneapolis. Licensed construction professionals are insured and bonded, and they obtain building permits, which allow inspections of their work to ensure that it is done correctly. See a list of State Licensed building contractors. You can also check on whether a company is licensed by calling 311 or the City's Business License Division at (612) 673-2080.

Published May 31, 2011



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Minneapolis 14 Government TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo