Renters should call 311 to report issues with their homes

Since the May 22 tornado struck north Minneapolis, City staff from across many departments have been working to make the area safe, repair and clean up damage, and support people affected by the storm. Residents, businesses, rental and other property owners, as well as thousands of volunteers have been working hard as well to clean up properties and make any necessary repairs.

Even with all the work that’s already been done, City officials recognize that there is significant damage to some buildings, and inspectors are going to need to take a closer look at conditions to ensure that homes and buildings are safe.

Although inspectors will be out working door-to-door, the City wants to hear from anyone who is concerned about the safety or livability of their home or apartment. Renters can call 311 (612-673-3000 if calling outside of Minneapolis) if their home is not getting the necessary repairs, or if they have safety concerns about their residence. City housing inspectors are responding to those calls every day and making safety inspections. When people let the City know about problems with rental properties, City staff can require rental property owners to take steps to fix the problems that might exist.

Published Jun 9, 2011



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Minneapolis 14 Government TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo