Parking Metered Spaces
Metered Space Locations
Find where the metered spaces are in your expected destination. Use the color-coded key to learn time restrictions and rates.
The City of Minneapolis operates approximately 8000 metered spaces located throughout the city.
- Metered spaces have varying time restrictions and rates.
- Time restrictions and rates are posted at each metered space.
- Rates and restrictions can vary on different sides of the street.
Event rates may be applied during events at US Bank Stadium, TCF Bank Stadium, Target Field and the Convention Center. See interactive meter map for more info.
"Did you know..." Parking on City Streets
Our did you know video series provides further information about Parking Metered spaces in several languages.
- Parking on City Streets (English) - Learn about parking on the street for free and at meters in this video from the Minneapolis "Did you know..." series.
- Estacionameinto en las calles de la ciudad (Spanish) - Aprenda en este vidio de la series, "Sabia Usted..."acerca del estacionamiento gratis en las calles y los Parquimentros.
- Baabur dhigashada Jidadka Magaaleda (Somali) - Fiidyowgan taxanaha ah ee Minneapolis ee loo yaqaan, "Ma ogtahay" wazaad ka barataa jidadka baaburtalacag la'aan loo dhigto qalabka lacagta lagu guro ee baabur dhighashada.
- Nres Tsheb Rau Kev (Hmong) - Yog xav paub ntxiv, sais nroog Minneapolis cov tshooj xov xwm hu, "Koj pos pau
Paying Minneapolis parking meters is easy! Meters accept:
- U.S. Quarter and Dollar coins
- Payment via MPLSPARKING Mobile App
- Credit Cards (American Express, Visa and MasterCard)
Do not use pennies, nickels or dimes; it will not add time to the meter!
Traffic and Parking Services is committed to providing professional, safe, and attractive parking services to all its customers. If you have trouble with any multi-space pay station just remember that with your space number you can pay at any nearby pay station. Should you encounter a defective meter or have questions concerning meters please call 311 or report parking meter issues online.
Free Days for City Metered Spaces
Parking metered spaces are not enforced on the following days:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- President's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Indigenous Peoples Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day (and the day after Thanksgiving)
- Christmas Day
Note: Not all metered spaces in Minneapolis are operated by the City. Minneapolis Parks & Recreation, the University of Minnesota, and private organizations like Fairview/University Hospital operate their own meters and their holiday schedule may vary. Always read the information posted on the meter to be certain.
Last updated Sep 14, 2017