Report Parking Violation
Is there a car in your neighborhood violating a parking ordinance? Reporting a violation online is quick and easy. Once submitted, a 311 customer service agent will log your concern. The meter will be inspected, tested, and if necessary repaired. Our goal is to address your reported issue within 3 days. Once the issue has been addressed, you will be notified of the results.
Before reporting a parking violation, you'll need to have:
- License plate number
- State that issued license plate (i.e. MN)
- Vehicle color
- Vehicle make
When reporting a violation, these items are required:
- Address information. Address number and street, cross street for intersections (search is available).
Note: An accurate address is vital! Please include a full address, including street, avenue, road, etc. and direction i.e. north, south, northeast, etc.
- Vehicle information. License plate number and state, vehicle make
- ID number of the meter. The ID number helps the City find the meter reliably and quickly. It tells the City exactly where the meter is located.
Didn’t get the ID number? No worries, you can still report the issue by describing the location.
- Your email address. When you submit the form, you will receive an email confirming your request. Please keep this email - it includes the case number. When your issues is addressed, we will send you a follow-up email explaining how the issue was addressed.
Report a Violation
Report Parking Violation (Vehicles parked on public right of way such as streets/alleys)
Report Parking Violation (Vehicles parked on private property)
For any questions pertaining to parking ordinances, see Minneapolis Code of Ordinances, Chapter 478.
There are laws that apply even when there is not a sign posted. Learn about Unsigned Parking Restrictions.
Last updated Jan 12, 2018