31st St W/E
Hennepin Ave S to 1st Ave S
Construction Start Date
Mackenzie Turner Bargen, 612-673-5011, email@example.com
In 2013, Minneapolis Public Works resurfaced 31st St between Hennepin Ave S and 1st Ave S. This resurfacing provided the opportunity to install new crosswalk markings and implement other experimental pedestrian improvements.
These improvements include:
- Crosswalks at Signalized Intersections
- Grooved in thermoplastic, durable crosswalk markings at all signalized intersections
- Dupont Ave S, Emerson Ave S, and Grand Ave S
- Painted curb extensions (flexible bollard bump-outs)
- Larger stop signs
- Red-reflective tape on the stop sign posts along 31st St
- Girard Ave S
- Experimental red-flashing pedestrian signal
- Upgraded ADA compliant curb ramps
- Thermoplastic continental crosswalk
January 20, 2015
The painted curb extension bollards have been removed to accommodate winter street maintenance. Spring 2015, the painted curb extensions will return with an adjusted design based on feedback received. The new, red-flashing pedestrian signal at Girard Ave S is up and running.
Public Works staff is still gathering feedback from the community on all of these pedestrian improvements. Contact Mackenzie Turner Bargen at 612-673-5011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated Feb 18, 2015