Minneapolis Police Department (MPD) at a Glance
Police Chief and Administration
Chief of Police is Medaria Arradondo.
The Administration team:
- Assistant Chief Mike Kjos
- Deputy Chief of Staff Art Knight.
- Deputy Chief Erick Fors leads the Investigations Bureau. The Professional Standards Bureau is headed by
- Deputy Chief Henry Halvorson leads the Professional Standards Bureau.
- Deputy Chief Kathy leads the Patrol Bureau.
Deputy Chief of Staff
- Homeless & Vulnerable Population Initiative
This initiative is a link between the homeless and social service agencies which connect the homeless to valuable resources.
- Procedural Justice Division
- Recruitment and Hiring Division
- Strategic Analysis
This team helps MPD direct resources in response to crime patterns in the city.
- U-Visa Program
A U-Visa provides temporary for victims of crimes (U Nonimmigrant status certification) who assist in prosecution.
- Special Operations & Intelligence Division
- Specialty Units
- Office of Public Information
- Provides information to the community.
- Manages the MPD's social media accounts.
- Coordinates data practices requests made by journalists.
- Responds to major incidents to provide information to the general public.
- Violent Crimes Investigations Division
- Special Crimes Investigations Division
- Juvenile Division
- Forensics Division
Office of Professional Standards
The Office of Professional Standards includes:
- Administrative Services
- Internal Affairs
- Leadership and Organizational Development,
- Technology and Support Services
Last updated Apr 17, 2019